By E. Richard Cohen, Jesse W. M. DuMond, H. A. Bethe, E. E. Salpeter (auth.)
Read Online or Download Atoms I / Atome I PDF
Similar encyclopedia books
The last word consultant to the paintings of cleansing, this reference is jam-packed with specialist secrets and techniques for buying greatest effects via minimal effects via minimal attempt. notice how you can retailer time, cash, and elbow grease on each cleansing challenge, in addition to the best way to hinder housekeeping with marvelous methods of the exchange.
The newest quantity within the acclaimed global Encyclopedia of up to date Theatre sequence offers a country-by-country survey of theatrical advancements all through Asia and the Pacific on the grounds that 1945. The entries supply first-hand debts of the most important theatrical businesses, dramatists and performs in every one kingdom, the interplay of functionality with the tradition, politics, and non secular rituals, and lots more and plenty extra.
A convention of excellence maintains with the long-awaited 10th version of McGraw-Hill's Encyclopedia of technological know-how & expertise The definitive resource for maintaining with the superb alterations in technology and expertise - whole with greater than 1,700 new and up to date articles unfastened supplemental web site on hand to all clients!
- Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance, 14th Edition (5-Volume Set)
- Encyclopedia of Optimization
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa (2nd Edition)
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Science. Pheasants - Star
- The Encyclopedia of Television, Cable, and Video
- Encyclopedia of American Industries, Non Manufacturing
Additional info for Atoms I / Atome I
Sec. -1, a disagreement which, though small judged by earlier standards, is uncomfortably large relative to the claimed probable errors. The HANSEN and BOL cavity resonance measurement consisted essentially of a determination of both the wavelength (in centimeters) and the frequency (in cycles per second) of an electromagnetic wave. The product of these two is then the velocity of light. The cavity was an accurately machined right circular cylinder with optically flat removable ends. In order to reduce losses and to insure a "high-Q" resonance, the cavity surfaces (which were machined from cast iron) were plated with silver.
44, 569 (1950). - Phys. Rev. 78,787 (1950). Handbuch der Physik, Bd. XXXV. 3 1 2 34 E. RICHARD COHEN and JESSE W. M. DuMoND: Fundamental Constants. Sect. 22. whose reciprocal is, in fact, the apparent magnetic moment of the proton, /h', (uncorrected for diamagnetism) expressed in nuclear magnetons, /h" = eh/(4nm p c), where e is expressed in absolute esu. and mp is expressed in grams. If one desires to know the absolute magnetic moment of the proton, /h, a small correction must be made for the fact that the magnetic field intensity at the proton is not exactly the same as the externally measured magnetic field, because of the diamagnetic effect of the proton-containing sample!.
23. The fine structure separation in deuterium. m. by E. S. DAYHOFF, S. TRIEBWASSER, and WILLIS E. LAMB, jr. at Columbia University 2. , with his co-workers 3-6. Parts I and II of this series must be consulted 3,4 for a basic description of the apparatus. It was through this series of researches that the existence of the "LAMB-RETHERFORD shift", the energy difference between the 2 251 and 2 2P J states, was established and accurately measured. From the point of view of fundamental physics, the importance of the LAMB-RETHERFORD shift greatly overshadows the precision measurements of the fine structure separation in deuterium.