By Dan Clark
Analyze your company’s information fast and simply utilizing Microsoft’s most modern instruments. construct scalable and strong facts versions to paintings from. learn how to fresh and mix assorted information assets successfully. Create compelling visualizations and proportion them together with your colleagues.
Author Dan Clark takes you thru each one subject utilizing step by step actions and lots of display photographs to aid familiarize you with the instruments. This moment version comprises new fabric on complex makes use of of energy question, in addition to the most recent consumer assistance at the evolving strength BI platform. Beginning strength BI is your hands-on advisor to speedy, trustworthy, and worthy info insight.
What you'll Learn
- Simplify facts discovery, organization, and cleansing
- Create strong analytical info models
- Create strong interactive facts presentations
- Combine analytical and geographic facts in map-based visualizations
- Publish and proportion dashboards and reports
Who This ebook Is For
Business analysts, database directors, builders, and different execs seeking to greater comprehend and converse with data.
Read or Download Beginning Power BI: A Practical Guide to Self-Service Data Analytics with Excel 2016 and Power BI Desktop PDF
Best enterprise applications books
The 3rd in a seven-volume set, this advisor presents the most recent distinct reference fabric for the techniques in SAS/STAT together with research of variance, regression, express information research, multivariate research, survival research and masses extra.
This publication is enormously regular of others within the so-called SAP Cookbook sequence. Overpriced relative to the volume of knowledge you get. The questions and solutions are a bit reminiscent of the O'Reilly Hacks sequence. yet this playstation narrative has the flavor of minimum textual content, and no subgroupings of the a hundred questions provided.
* Written by means of knowledgeable with greater than 30 years of expertise in each function within the IT undefined, this e-book confronts improvement method difficulties head-on, and it tackles the serious steps that has to be taken to make sure luck* Dives into subject matters corresponding to selecting possibilities, making plans for achievement, construction a suitable company version, assembling a workforce, constructing software program, dealing with groups, and effectively advertising and promoting the product* The e-book fills a void within the present marketplace, and is a perfect learn for all IT pros
A publication and booklet containing over a hundred and twenty recipes involved in complex management initiatives to construct and configure robust databases with IBM DB2 ebook and publication. grasp all of the vital points of management from cases to IBM's most recent excessive Availability know-how pureScale with this publication and booklet.
- Project portfolio management tools and techniques
- Project Portfolio Management Tools & Techniques
- Microsoft Word 2010: Introductory (Shelly Cashman Series(r) Office 2010)
- Apache Hive Essentials
- Web Performance: The Definitive Guide
- Oracle Hyperion Interactive Reporting 11 Expert Guide
Extra resources for Beginning Power BI: A Practical Guide to Self-Service Data Analytics with Excel 2016 and Power BI Desktop
Updating the query in Query Editor mode Now that you have seen how to import data from various data sources into the Power Pivot data model, it is time to get some hands-on experience importing the data. ■■Note The following lab uses an Access database. If you are connecting to an Access database for the first time on your computer, you may need to install Access 2013 Runtime. HANDS-ON LAB: LOADING DATA INTO POWER PIVOT In the following lab you will 46 • Import data from an Access database. • Import data from a text file.
49 Chapter 2 ■ Importing Data into Power Pivot Figure 2-35. Filtering table columns 8. From the Employees table, select the following: ID, Last Name, First Name, and Job Title. 9. From the Orders table, select these: Order ID, Employee ID, Customer ID, Order Date, Shipped Date, Shipper ID, Payment Type, and Paid Date. On the Status ID column, click the drop-down to filter the data. Uncheck status 0 and status 2. Status 3 represents a status of closed (see Figure 2-36). 50 Chapter 2 ■ Importing Data into Power Pivot Figure 2-36.
In reality, a view is really a stored query in the database that masks the complexity of the query from you. Views are often used to show a simpler conceptional model of the database than the actual physical model. For example, you may need a customer’s address. Figure 2-7 shows the tables you need to include in a query to get the information. Instead of writing a complex query to retrieve the information, you can select from a view that combines the information in a virtual Customer Address table for you.