By Craig Utley
Deliver BI strategies with Microsoft workplace PerformancePoint Server 2007
Maximize the robust BI instruments to be had in PerformancePoint 2007 with support from this sensible consultant. you'll the way to gather and shop info, computer screen development, research functionality, distribute dynamic stories, and create maintainable initiatives and forecasts. Business Intelligence with Microsoft place of work PerformancePoint Server 2007 offers complete information on developing scorecards and dashboards, appearing complex research on facts, and constructing company plans. additionally, you will easy methods to combine PerformancePoint with ProClarity, Excel 2007, and SQL Server Reporting prone.
Configure, set up, and safe all of the PerformancePoint components
- Create KPIs, scorecards, stories, and dashboards with the Dashboard Designer
- Create company versions with the making plans enterprise Modeler and create budgets and forecasts with Excel 2007
Enable complex info research with PerformancePoint Server and ProClarity tools
- Take good thing about the improved analytic services of Excel 2007
- Use SQL Server Reporting providers for analytics
- Align functionality with organizational objectives
Read or Download Business Intelligence with Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 PDF
Similar enterprise applications books
The 3rd in a seven-volume set, this consultant presents the newest unique reference fabric for the methods in SAS/STAT together with research of variance, regression, specific info research, multivariate research, survival research and masses extra.
This ebook is highly usual of others within the so-called SAP Cookbook sequence. Overpriced relative to the quantity of data you get. The questions and solutions are a little bit resembling the O'Reilly Hacks sequence. yet this playstation narrative has the flavor of minimum textual content, and no subgroupings of the a hundred questions awarded.
* Written by way of a professional with greater than 30 years of expertise in each function within the IT undefined, this e-book confronts improvement technique difficulties head-on, and it tackles the serious steps that needs to be taken to make sure luck* Dives into subject matters comparable to deciding upon possibilities, making plans for fulfillment, construction a suitable company version, assembling a group, constructing software program, handling groups, and effectively advertising and marketing and promoting the product* The booklet fills a void within the present marketplace, and is a perfect learn for all IT execs
A e-book and e-book containing over one hundred twenty recipes curious about complex management initiatives to construct and configure robust databases with IBM DB2 ebook and booklet. grasp all of the very important points of management from cases to IBM's most modern excessive Availability know-how pureScale with this e-book and ebook.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 New Features
- Learning System Center App Controller
- SOA-Based Enterprise Integration: A Step-by-Step Guide to Services-based Application
- mySAP CRM: The Offcial Guidebook to SAP CRM Release 4.0
- Sams Teach Yourself OpenOffice.org All In One
Additional resources for Business Intelligence with Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007
A dimension is normally stored in a single table, although this is not always the case, as will be discussed shortly. Most dimensions are hierarchical. This means that they contain higher-level items which break down into lower-level items. Time is a perfect example: Years break down into Quarters, which break down into Months, which break down into Days, and so on. Note that there are no hard and fast rules here as to what the hierarchy should be. Some companies would use Years to Half Years to Quarters to Months to Days.
This model will be examined in Chapter 5. Analysis with PerformancePoint Server In mid-2006, Microsoft purchased ProClarity Corporation. ) ProClarity actually had several products, the primary two of which were the ProClarity Desktop Professional and the ProClarity Analytics Server. The Desktop Professional application was a Windows application while the Analytics Server was a web application that included a thin client analytics tool that mimicked almost all features of the Desktop Professional.
Inventory can be adjusted according to the demands in various areas or even individual stores. These daily reports are relatively high level, represent a snapshot of the previous day’s activities across the organization, and are used by everyone in the organization, from the CEO on down. Analysts throughout the company can then perform more detailed analysis using analytic tools against a wealth of data, including analysis of products by various attributes. As an example, a new dress shirt might sell well one season.